Not too long ago I stumbled upon this product sampling site called “Influenster” and so far I am pleased with how it works. You receive a box filled with a range of sample sizes (some trial size and some large sample sizes). You fill out reviews, ask questions about products, answer reviewers’ questions, fill out surveys to qualify for a campaign, and you post through different tasks to social media sites or your personal blog/vlogs.
For my first campaign I qualified for, I received the campaign called, #SproutVox. And, that contains earth friendly or natural products to sample for free and review. I was, especially, excited because I am starting the process (baby steps, y’all) of switching myself as well as my family over to natural, organic, and earth friendly products. Reason why it’s baby steps is because I have to convince hubs that this stuff is good, haha.
Anyway, in my first box, there were as follows:
- EatSmart Snacks- Spicy Black Bean Tortilla Chips, 7.0 oz bag
- I was surprised that there was so much flavor in a natural type snack. I admit that I am not a fan of spicy foods that much, so I was “eh” before trying the tortilla chips. But, when I tried them, there was just enough spice to give it flavor without making me feel like I needed to drink a gallon of water, haha; even my husband liked the chips.
- Curate Bar (Dark and Tempting Flavor), single bar
- The ingredients of the Curate Bar had balsamic vinaigrette and figs in it along with sunflower seeds, and though I like balsamic flavoring, I was iffy if I’d like the taste of it in a snack bar. When my little boy grabbed half of the bar out of my hand and chowed down the whole thing, I knew that it was delicious since typical toddlers are picky eaters, haha. The Curate brand is something that I would feel comfortable eating as well as giving to my family.
- Orgain Organic Protein Powder in Vanilla Bean, sample size 1.62 oz
- When I fix smoothies, I tend to avoid powders since they have a “chalky flavor.” Yet, with the Orgain Organic Protein Powder, I mixed with banana and strawberry, and there was no indication that a powder was used! It tasted really good with the hint of the fresh vanilla flavor and smell. My husband uses protein powders more than I do, and he was interested in buying this product for himself.
- Hair Food Moisture Collection, sample packet of shampoo and conditioner with apricot and honey.
- As for this sample, I loved the smells of the apricot and honey mixture. It smelled so “nature-like” and made my hair feel soft. Note, that everyone’s hair is different, and my hair care is going to be different from your hair care. I have naturally curly (wavy) hair that gets FRIZZY after I let it air dry. After I used the shampoo and conditioner, I noticed a lot LESS frizz; but, I didn’t style it like I wanted due to the fact that I was headed to bed. But, when I woke up this morning, I was pleased with how my hair looked without any styling products in it.
- Ecos Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergent with built-in fabric softener and Magnolia and Lily fragrance, sample size, 1 fl. oz One Load.
- Last, but not least, I tend to use fabric softener sheets instead of liquid softener. The Ecos detergent had a softener in it, and I was curious to see how the small packet would clean and soften my son’s sheets and blankets. And, surprisingly, there was a noticeable sweet fragrant flower smell and his blankets were super soft. I loved the fact there was just one step involving cleaning products- pour detergent, wash clothes, then dry. And, the fact that this laundry detergent doesn’t have harsh chemicals is a plus with it being hypoallergenic.
Overall, I was pleased with all the products I received for free in my first “Voxbox” from Influenster. I am looking forward to many and more campaigns to complete in future VoxBoxes 🙂
Disclosure *I am creating this post as a review of the #SproutVox I received this month, and the samples were free as well as shipping. The review is based on my personal experience.*